Low Cost, Effective Home Training Routine, Part Two

This is part two of the Low Cost Home Training Program I posted up just before. I made the videos last summer and thought some new people might like to give it a try. These are serious routines and you will see good results if you do each of them twice weekly with suitable eating habits.

Here's the Pulling routine. The other one was the Pushing routine, remember?


Routine Description:


Warm Up: TRX Reverse Flies and Front Raises

I did 3 sets of 20 (10 reps of each movement) just as a nice warm up for the shoulders and upper back muscles.

TRX Hanging Row:


In the gym I’d probably be doing a cable row, machine row, even a dumbbell row… any type of horizontal pulling movement. Here I’ve gone for the TRX variation, and I’m leaning back as far as possible so that I’m pulling as much of my body weight as I can.
I managed 4 sets of 16 reps here, you should aim for 10 - 12 reps.

Resistance Band One Arm Reverse Flies

Here I’m trying to replicate a Reverse Cable Fly that I might do in the gym. In my program we’d call this a Precision Movement trying to target the rear deltoid muscle specifically.
Do 4 sets of 12 to 16 reps.

Resistance Band Upright Row


Usually I’d do this with a barbell in the gym, but a resistance band will suffice at home or on holiday. We want to be pulling our elbows straight up into the air, and our hands to about middle-of-the-chest height.
4 sets of 10 - 12 reps again here.

Pull Ups / Chin Ups


Vertical Pulling movement. Self explanatory! These are tough though, so don't be too upset if you can't manage them as a beginner.

Resistance Band Reverse Flies


Again. This is probably over kill having already done a TRX version and a single arm version, but I wanted to show a few different options.

Resistance Band Bicep Curls


Squeeze those biceps at the top and release slowly.
4 sets of 12 - 16 reps.


Not shown in the video, but do these too.Google them if you have to.


Hip Thrust / Glute Bridge 4 x 20 reps.
Hip Rotation aka Clam Shell Exercise, or Fire Hydrant Exercise 4 x 20 reps each side.
Hip Abduction aka Laying Side Leg Raise 4 x 20 reps each side.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sponsor & Support My Blog

Blog Archive

Labels

Popular Posts